Search this Blog for anything you thought you might have seen here.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

More Blue Lagoon and a fab award.

Today's piece of Blue Lagoon tatting is another of the Julie Patterson bookmark series (see previous blog posts for more).



Again it is tatted in size 20 DMC Cordonnet special and it does that wonderful trick of having the different coloured flowers on opposite sides of the stem. I love it.

But, but, but, way better than this is the beautiful award given to me by TattingChic.
It is the Rennee Award designed and given out in blogland by Bella Sinclair.
This was my first visit to Bella's blog and I was blown away by the talent.

This is what Bella says about the award...

This one is meaningful to me in three profound ways. Firstly, it was created in honor of Renee, one human being who has made such a difference in the lives of many just by being. Her honestly, wit, intelligence, and grit are a tremendous source of inspiration. She can elicit raucous laughter and guffaws in her banter, and then turn right around and offer the most heartfelt, gentle words of wisdom and emotional support. She is a spreader of love, simple and true. And her love is infectious.

Secondly, this award was created in collaboration with one of my best friends, Ces. She is, in Renee's own words, truly original. She is an incredible artist, both in pen and ink and paint. She is fiery passion with a gentle hand. She is laughter, fun, joy, intellectual stimulation, a sister. The concept and design of the award belong to Ces.

Thirdly, this is a brand new award, and I have the pleasure and honor of spreading the seed, watching it grow. I hope it finds its way to those who are like Renee: the acorn, a small package becoming a tall and sturdy oak giving more acorns, becoming tall and sturdy oaks, giving acorns…




Isn't that beautiful.

Thank you so much TattingChic you are a true acorn and through your blog you have grown into a majestic oak and I see tatting acorns germinating in blogland because of your enthusiasm. I hope that my tatting acorns will grow as well as yours. I will wear it with pride.

This award has no rules about passing it on. If I could pass it on to you Chic I would and also to the tatters that you have nominated.

I shall pass this on to just three tatter's blogs. Firstly to someone who I have watched bloom as a blogger, as a tatter, and comedienne and now as an artist. Carol you always entertain me.

The second one belongs to Steph who loves to tat animals like I do. Her skills as a tatter of size 80 thread and her colourful combinations never cease to amaze me and her enthusiasm is catching.

Thirdly to Singtatter whose blog grows more glorious by the day. Her design skills are blooming as are her ATC's...another thing that I think is going to be very big in tatland soon.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award and nice bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm humbled. I don't know what to say except thank you, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bookmark is lovely. That floral pattern is a favorite!

    Glad you like the award. Isn't Bella's talent amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bonnie for your kind comment.

    Steph you are one of the stars in my firmament!

    Chic, I just realised that the Carol I gave the award to is the very same that you gave it to too!! I just didn't recognise the name of her blog!! silly me.
    I would really like to be able to draw and paint well...and sing.....and play the piano properly... but can't have everything, yes Bella is amazing. thanks for introducing me to her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter Pamela!!

    Thank you so much for presenting me with the Renee award. I had the honor of receiving twice. From you and from TattingChic. I appreciate your kind words in presenting me with this award.

    Your bookmark looks great in the Blue Lagoon thread. It is a winner of a color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your award...I love visiting your blog :) This bookmark is gorgeous...I must look out for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments they keep me blogging.
Every comment is much appreciated, but please try not to use my real name in a comment or on your blog. Tatskool is my on line name and one that I really like. Thanks.